2 Adults, Vehicle and Camper/Caravan for 29 days and nights.
Our 29 day transcontinental caravan tour takes us right across the Australian continent;
from Cape Byron, its most easterly point, to Steep Point, which is as far west as a motor
vehicle can travel.
This Transcontinental tour has been carefully planned to take in some of inland Australia’s most beautiful scenery as well as some fantastically interesting tourist attractions.
Leaving the Pacific Ocean behind us, we head in and up through central Queensland, visiting cities and towns of historical interest, like Miles and Toowoomba.
A major stopping point will be Charleville, with its Top Secret WWII US airbase and Cosmos Centre and Observatory, and then it’s onto the Qantas Museum and Stockman’s Hall of Fame in Longreach.
From there we head through Boulia and other choice spots like Winton, the home of Waltzing Matilda, making for Alice Springs and a visit to the Transport Hall of Fame. After a couple days sightseeing around the Alice, we head out to Uluru and Kata Tjuta for 3 days of exploring this wonderful and iconic national park.
From Uluru then cross over into Western Australia. We’ll take a couple of days to reach Laverton from the border, soaking in the desert landscape all the way, and pulling up to sleep and eat at remote outback roadhouses.
In Laverton we’ll see the Explorers Hall of Fame, and then visit the unique and delightful Our Lady of Mt Carmel Church in Mullewa.
From here, we’ll travel to explore the world heritage-listed Hamelin Pool, which features the oldest living fossils on earth, before we make our final dash to the most westerly
point of the Australian mainland, Steep Point.
Included in tour fees:
- All camping, Caravan Park, National Park fees and permits
- Welcome and Farewell Dinners
- All Breakfasts
- Byron Bay Lighthouse Tour
- Cobb & Co Museum, Toowoomba
- Miles Historical Village and Museum
- WWII US Secret Air Base, Charleville
- Cosmos Centre and Observatory, Charleville
- Qantas Museum and Stockman Hall of Fame, Longreach
- Min Min Encounter, Boulia
- Transport Hall of Fame, Alice Springs
- 3 Day Uluru Pass to explore Uluru and Kata Tjuta
- Explorers Hall of Fame, Laverton
- Our Lady of Mt Carmel Church, Mullewa
- Hamelin Pool
- Champagne and Cheese Platter at Steep Point
- Camp cooking plate – cooking and packing hints
- Fully-equipped escort vehicle fitted with satellite phone and emergency first aid kit